View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #55
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1898465 View Post
through putty, I could log in and run various commands which definitely seem to change the behavior of the page turns ("echo 19 7 > /proc/eink_fb/update_display" & "echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/eink_fb.0/override_upd_mode")

but the more elaborate script at pastebin doesn't seem to take -- is there something not allowing this to work in the latest kindle software version 3.3?
Hi dave, the script works for my kindle3 with kindle software 3.3. If you can manually toggle the effect with commands through putty, then the script should work for you(that's what the script does).

I recommend you to use this script with launchpad, so you can toggle the hacks on and off whenever you want. Following is my configuration file for launchpad:

Code:
[Actions]
;; reread hotkey sequence database
F E = !/Path/to/the/script/flashDis.sh &
;; install custom updates
F D = !kill -SIGTERM `cat /var/run/flashDis.pid` &
But most of the time, I turn this hack off because it sometimes black out the whole screen, forcing me to press home key to refresh it. This bug happened quite often when reading pdf. :-(
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote