View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #51
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I think also, people should think about their votes in the context of the place where they live and the legal requirements/standing.

In the US, as I've said, DMCA bans removal of DRM. It considers that piracy. So while you may feel stripping the DRM off the books is morally different than just downloading 3Gig of Ebooks you never intended to buy.. in the eyes of the law (in the US), you're still a criminal. The only difference is how many times you are a criminal.

I think for honesty's sake, and because the government is the one with the guns who will put you in jail if you break their laws, that people should answer this question not on the basis of their own morality, but on the basis of the governments they live under.

Just my thoughts, though. I think it'd show a lot more people pirate.
Redcard is offline   Reply With Quote