View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #50
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There would be only one set of circumstances in which I'd consider it ethically justifiable to pirate a book:

1. If no commercial eBook was available.

and:

2. I'd bought the paper book.

In those circumstances, I'd have no qualms about downloading a pirated eBook. However, if a commercial eBook did then become commercially available, I'd buy it.

So I'd have to answer "on occasions". Very rare occasions.
I voted no before reading the replies and comments. HarryT's reply made me think. And if I could do my vote over I would have to vote Occasionally Once in Awhile.
I do strip DRM from all of my books. I buy them from different vendors and should not have to buy that vendors ereader to read what I legally bought. I have a Nook Color and I regularly buy from Amazon.
I have lots of physical books that are out of print and will probably never be released in an ebook format. Lots of science fiction and westerns and some other genres.
I have been thinking about, but not yet sent some of my out of print books off to be made into ebooks. I will now start to do so and as HarryT said, if they are released as ebooks I will gladly buy them.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote