View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #27
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
It is in USB/HID mode. I suppose that the only realistic way to recover this is by using the JTAG interface (4 small pads near the CPU).

The serial port is an unpopulated printed connector outline at the board edge, near the bottom. The GND pad at the top looks different from the others. RxD is the center pad. TxD is the bottom pad. It looks like that connector for the Touch would fit here. The pin spacing was identical to the wire spacing on an old 4-pin IDE cable. I peeled off a strip of 3 wires, and without separating them, I stripped and solder-tinned the ends, then clipped them to about 1 mm of wire showing. I added a little extra solder to the serial pads on the board, then touched the 3 wires to the pads and touched them with my hot soldering iron to bond the wires to the pads. I also used my 2-resistor and 3-diode level shifter circuit to make my usb serial adapter work with my k4nt. It allowed me to see the error message about serial number = "1" and board ID = "1" and u-boot "bailed!" because it cannot init ram on an unknown board type.

Some day when I want to learn more about JTAG, the 4 pads near the CPU will need to be investigated.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-25-2012 at 02:43 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote