View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #72
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak View Post
I understand, there's a problem, though - due to the "unconditional" start after card change/usb disconnect
I think you misunderstood the point I was making, sorry for the confusion. The point I was addressing is something you hinted on post
Earlier Post from liask

The first time a search is preformed there is a 4sec-20sec delay because the library 'libfskLoad.so' is getting loaded for the first time.
My recommendation was to make the first call during the loadDict methods so that the user does not experience the delay on the first search.

As an aside note, I've noticed that this trick works only when the card is ejected/reinserted. Some how the USB disconnection does not work.

As for the google sure good idea.

Quote:
I agree with <mark> change (at least until we have some better use for it), but regards next/prev - how do we get to next/prev line then (this functionality can be useful when you run into synonyms)?
Currently the Up/Down and Next/Prev are mapped to the next word search. My recommendation was to only remap the Next/Prev key to the left <-> right keyboard and leave the Up/Down as is.
I know it is a matter of preference, I just find it easier and quicker to be able to use both hands to type a word than having to use one hand.

Quote:
This is strange - I re-downloaded it and after unpacking, the directories were there.
├───card
|└───Sony Reader
└───prs
|└───Database
@liask
What OS are you using, it looks like Linux(Unix)
For the Windows world, the <Card> and <PRS> root directores do not exist.

It is:
<Drive>:\Sony Reader
<Drive>:\Database
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote