View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 02:17 AM   #69
lisak
lisak doesn't litterlisak doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
@lisak
Wow you've completed re-wrote the code! I must say you did a bang up job.
Thanks...

Quote:
@lisak
Here are a few comments on you implementation
I created dictioLaunch pages at Google Code, where I listed all the suggestions you've mentioned (and some more) so they won't get lost. I admit it might be an overkill for a project of this size , but I wanted to try this service out for some time and this provided me an opportunity.

Let me know if you or Clemens (or anybody else, for that matter) want to have access to svn - I'll add you right away and we can work on it together.

Quote:
LIB: I've recommend adding the line 'this.prepareScript()' to the 'loadDict' method. This will move the load time of the lib to the load time of the app, but this way the user will not experience a hit on their first word search. (having to wait for the app to load, then wait for the search is a pain)
I understand, there's a problem, though - due to the "unconditional" start after card change/usb disconnect, the dictionary is started after such an event regardless you want to start it or not. I guess it would be rather annoying if you had to wait ('cause script preparation is uninterruptable, AFAIK) every time after you disconnect the reader even if you don't want to use dictionary at all.

Still, I think this approach can be used - one of improvements I'd like to see is to introduce some "start-up menu", which would be than used for executing a specific application (so that you can have eg. sudoku & dictionary at the same card). prepareScript would be then called right after user confirms s/he wants to start DictioLaunch.

Quote:
KeyMapping: In my release I changed a few buttons maps for quicker entries. I'd like to add these keys to your code. Change the <mark> button to call 'clearInput' Change the "Next/Prev" from find next word to moving the keyboard cursor left/right.
I agree with <mark> change (at least until we have some better use for it), but regards next/prev - how do we get to next/prev line then (this functionality can be useful when you run into synonyms)?
lisak is offline   Reply With Quote