View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #12
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
I have a big problem with Google scanning those books. In fact I have a problem with Google in general.
My statement went for the general case e-book versus the general-case p-book. And I prefer e-books for the reasons mentioned before.

But the question really is: Why is Google doing this? Because publishers and a large percentage of creatives were to ignorant to see the new market. Because no one else (with the right to do so, e.g. the publishers or authors themselves) is doing this and filling the market.
The publishing industrie has a completely home grown problem - and they ATM do nothing to change this.

They e.g. cry that Amazon pays not enough and that they are afraid of Amazon lowering the price because of the Kindle sales. What would be a very possible alternative? Just let other companys (and formats) sell those e-books. It will keep Amazon from getting that market position the publishers fear.
Are they doing this? No. See point ignorance.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote