View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 04:10 AM   #27
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Are there simple instructions for how Windows users can download the unzipped file so that it doesn't get changed? I'll include them in the webpage if they're not too complicated.
I did as follows:
1) copy the text in the edit-epub.app webpage and paste it in a blank text file in e.g. notepad or similar (I use crimson editor);
2) save the file as "edit-epub.app";
3) download and install gedit
4) open the newly created edit-epub.app in gedit and "save as" by selectin Unix/Linux end of line (over-writing the previous edit-epub.app file)

but presumably it would go quicker at follows:
1) download and install "gedit";
2) launch gedit, which automatically opens a blank file;
3) copy the text in he edit-epub.app webpage and paste it in the gedit window;
4) save as "epub-edit.app" selecting the Unix/Linux "end of line", instead of Windows (see picture attached)

I am no geek, and anyone who feels confident in editing the .cfg file should have no problem with the above
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	582
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	80868  
paola is offline   Reply With Quote