View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #23
Krogenar
It's Facebook!
Krogenar began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Looking for some advice.

I've implemented a hierarchical genre scheme as outlined in the OP, and I'm very happy with it. My setup follows these lines:

FICTION-
>SCIENCE-FICTION
>FANTASY
>CLASSICS
>ROMANCE

NON-FICTION-
>SCIENCE
>COOKING
>SELF-HELP

So my custom genre field is named '#genre' and contained values such as:

FICTION, FICTION.SCIENCE-FICTION, FICTION.CLASSICS

The above entry would be for a Jules Verne Omnibus.

I am using a Nook Color with a 32GB microSD and I would like to put a lot of book onto the reader, but organizing them is difficult. I would love to utilize the #genre column to make the 'Send to Device' to at least sort the books into directories representing their genres.

I realize that these directories would be under 'Books' in the 'My Files' directory, but I can't get the hang of having Calibre create the directory structure. Also, there's the issue of multiple copies of the books in cases where a book is listed under multiple genres. But I'm prepared to have multiple copies of the same book for those instances if there's no way around it.

So for the Jules Verne Omnibus, the 'Send to Device' might generate the following:

../BOOKS/FICTION/SCIENCE-FICTION/JULES, VERNE/Jules-Verne-Omnibus.epub
../BOOKS/FICTION/CLASSICS/JULES, VERNE/Jules-Verne-Omnibus.epub

Is this result possible using the subitems function? Is anyone aware of some way of avoiding the duplication? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Even just getting the books to sort into merely FICTION or NON-FICTION directories would be an improvement.

Last edited by Krogenar; 01-04-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: make hierarchy more apparent.
Krogenar is offline   Reply With Quote