View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 02:15 AM   #47
Anlon
Anlon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, Sony PRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogies View Post
I have just recieved the Kobo vox for a Christmas pressie, It charged succesfully for the first time then got down to 10% and now won't charge. I have done everything that has been suggested including using the computer charger, power charged, holding the power button for 10s etc, nothing is working. these only arrived in New Zealand a couple of week prior to Christmas. Please can i have some more help with this as i would really like to finish my book.
deb
Your Vox is charged but the software is not showing it. If you pull off the back cover of your Vox to the top right of the battery is a rest button. Press that and restart your Vox and it should show you your proper charge.

Quote:
I did all of these things. The reset button at least resulted in a live screen (for about 10 seconds) and a battery indicator that says "X". The Vox has charged more or less continuously for days now.

I only received and charged it up the first time on Dec 7. There was a problem with the initial startup (update wouldn't work) until I found a location where it would work. I don't know what position it was in, probably not a flat surface as I was at a conference.

I probably do have a battery problem, however, as I am in South and Central America now until April it will not be possible to replace the unit or even the battery. I surely hope the KOBO warranty lasts until I get home or I will be extremely angry. Only bought the thing for this trip!!!!
By reset button do you mean the one under the back cover? You can also try unplugging the battery for a short while and see if that works.

KOBO released an update just before Christmas in North America that has fixed pretty much all of the problems that I was having with my Vox. I think they said that is is coming for the rest of the world soon....

Later

Steve
Anlon is offline   Reply With Quote