View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrand123 View Post
Hello
- this is my first post so if I've missed something obvious please excuse me!

I am making a non-copyright ebook for somebody using Sigil which I will then convert to mobi using Calibre - I've done this before.

I know that according to KDP Amazon don't recommend that you have the cover as the first page when making a book. Inspite of this it's something I'm trying to do!

I have found the code which needs to be inserted in the 'guide' part of the opf. file in Sigil - this is for having the preface as first page but is easily amended to cover:

<reference href="cover.html" type="cover" title="Cover">
<reference type="toc" title="toc" href="toc.html" >
<reference type="start" title="Preface" href="Preface.html" >

This works ok - but for some reason the cover image (600px x 800 px added to Sigil file) shows with a large white border when viewed on the Kindle

Sorry it's a long-winded post,

Please make any explanations very simple - I'm not very bright!

Thank you,

Robert

PS - I've seen this - but am not sure where the coding should be put and which prog. /file.?

img#coverimage {
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
}
It may be simpler (not verified)
Assumes each of those sections are separate pages (files)

In the Book Browser: right-click the filename for the section. select 'Add semantics'

(I hope you can figure it out from here )
Save when all done
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote