View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 04:23 AM   #28
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I received a mail from ectaco, and the engineer is ensuring me that the image quality (level of detail) exceeds that of a Kindle DX, or any other B/W e-ink screen!
Seeing that they won't say this of a screen that has 800x600 screen, as they are common in 6" e-ink readers, and the Kindle DX has a higher resolution than this,
I think it's fairly safe to say that the resolution is more than 800x600 pixels, and even if not, that you'd have to take in account that this 800x600 pixels actually are divided in 4 sub pixels, as where with regular e-ink screens, the 800x600 resolution is not divided in sub pixels. Thus essentially even if the Jetbook color had only 800x600 pixels, it still has 4 times the amount of pixels of a regular e-ink screen; as well as about twice the surface size
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote