View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #228
Tegan
Connoisseur
Tegan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1st Gen, Kindle 3 SO
Noob at rooting Kindles here... I gave in and installed Launchpad when I saw I could rotate the screen quickly and keep the screensaver from coming on, and I also like the idea of having the ability to record with my Kindle. So I put those in, but now I'm having an annoying problem when taking notes with the Kindle.

I keep accidentally rotating my screen and turning on my recorder while typing because I can't seem to get the timing right on the SHIFT and then letter.

Is there a way for me to change the Introducer key to the ALT key instead, or will this cause problems? If so, how do I go about doing it? Keeping in mind that I can't telnet into my Kindle, and all I've tried editing so far is the ini files. I changed "Introducer = Shift" in the launchpad.ini to "Introducer = Alt", but it didn't work.

I couldn't get the recorder to work until I shortened the key combo to just one letter. I've never been able to get any combination longer than SHIFT-X to work at all. My old fingers can't type fast enough or something. If changing the introducer to alt wouldn't break something else, that's what I'd prefer to do.

Edit: D'oh, I've got a K3SO. Just in case anyone needs to know to help.

Last edited by Tegan; 12-18-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Tegan is offline   Reply With Quote