View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
I don't want to derail an interesting pricing discussion with a dull DRM-fest, but I thought Gabe's comment that piracy isn't a pricing issue was worth commenting on, and seeing if anyone else in the games industry had a similar opinion.
Its quite all right. I highlighted that part for a reason

Ubisoft's DRM schemes are particularly obnoxious. Its no wonder Edmonson has to grasp at straws to defend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
I tend to agree with the "reduce piracy by giving better service" idea. I don't think that pricing ISN'T a contributing factor to piracy, though.
Pricing is a factor, but its much smaller than most think (and a lot smaller than the industry wants us to think). Steam's success in Russia shows this clearly.
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote