View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #13
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I am not so sure that this battery drain problem is related to the use of an unregistered Nook. I have had trouble with 2 Touches in a row because they drained about 10-20% every day (WiFi off, sleep mode). There is a lengthy thread about my problems on this forum. I returned my first one and got a second and it behaves exactly the same.

I am still using the second and am using a solution - I charge it to 100%, then let it sleep overnight. It is usually then at about 88% (yes, overnight). I then tether it to my computer and let it recharge back up to 100%. After doing that, it works perfectly, draining about 2-3% per day..

I keep hoping that this behavior will eventually stop, but so far no such luck.

So, this is an issue with the Nook Touch in general. The only way I think you would be sure if this drain problem was the result of using an unregistered Nook is if you had a Nook you already knew worked OK - i.e. not a new one - and then reset it and tried to use it unregistered. Otherwise, any NEW Nook is liable to have this battery drain problem even if you use it registered.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote