View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #13
DuaneAA
Connoisseur
DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Kindle Fire HDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yes, I use the Audible app, though one can also the "Music" app. (Called iPod in earlier versions of the iOS.) Both behave similar, and I prefer to download my books via iTunes since it's WAY faster than having to download a book over WiFi, which the Audible app requires for direct download.

Yes, I like the automatic pause. Hopefully the same feature will be true with any bluetooth device. Though that's not a deal breaker. Biggest problem with using my phone for this is the overall battery life on the phone isn't great.
I don't actually use the bluetooth to send the audio to my car's stereo. My car had stereo input jacks in the center console and I just got a cable that plugs into the headphone jack in my phone. Somewhere I read that this was much easier on the phone's battery and my phone will play like this for hours without making a significant dent in the battery. However, that ends up being moot for me as I have a car charger for my phone. My commute is about 30 minutes each way, and if I plug in the charger during the drive, that's all the charging I ever need to do with my phone.

Duane
DuaneAA is offline   Reply With Quote