View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I wonder why you don't put the Kindle on this list. Personally, even someone out of the US could use the Kindle (if they could get one, perhaps on eBay or someone in the US buying it for them).
Because although you could indeed buy a Kindle if you don't live in the US, Amazon have made it virtually impossible to buy commercial e-Books for it. You can't buy Kindle books unless you have a credit card with a US billing address. With a Sony or a CyBook (or an iLiad), however, you can easily buy books regardless of where in the world you live.

I know there are sources of books other than Amazon, but I'm sure that you'll agree that one of the major attractions of the Kindle is the Amazon bookstore.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote