View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #33
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Given my own experiences with people rant and brag like that, let's just say I take anything that comes out of their mouths or is put onto their blogs with about 500lbs of salt (plus a grain). I know nothing about him personally, I've just run into more than my share in the business world and I can just hear the echoes in my head of the people that he sounds like. The TV pitchman description is right on the money, but hey -- I love my Sham Wow.

I guess Simon and Schuster must have seen something in his qualifications to offer him that advance but for the life of me I don't know what. Talk about a common mistake in the arcane publishing model, they are often known for just choosing handfuls of whatever and throwing it out there to see what succeeds. It seems like they are trying to clone that 80/20 guy though and more than a bit of his "Philosophy" seems to reflect that person's model from what I could see.

No matter, I'm not really likely to ever buy his book. I really don't care that he has traveled to umpteen different places to see how "they" do "things." But best wishes of success for him.

And given that he is such a envelope pusher and innovator, I would think that his 2nd book would be prime for self-publishing. He could use whatever cover and money back scheme he wanted then.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote