View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I explained the book search and it's problem. It opens on location and not on last place read or beginning. So basically it searches just content of the book. I said you cannot even find kindle guide, it opens on 31 location or something. So if you were reading anywhere before that you lose the place you stopped reading. I'd like an option to actually open a book and not location. Think about anthologies or some half read and forgotten books. You use search to find them and good luck finding where you finished if it doesn't open in the beginning. It will open on some 120 location and if you read less you need to slowly go back and guess where you stopped.

The search in book content works fine.

I know kindle uses locations, pages just sound better and is shorter, I'm more used to it. It doesn't change the facts

I want more functionality in kindle not in calibre. I already have to browse my books on calibre and not on kindle. I can see all metadata in caliubre (not in Kindle) so no need for the collections column. I also make collections with calibre so it's not hard to know in which collections book is if I see meatadata.

About deleting I was talking about deleting all or multiple collections. I know how to delete one collection.

I don't mean to sound like I don't like Kindle. I gave it a good review and rated 4 stars. The biggest complain is the browsing of books. Better zoom in option would be nice too but I knew about it and was prepared for it.

Last edited by Noughty; 11-25-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote