View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noughty View Post
7. Is there a way to see to which collections a book belongs to? Or only going to add to collection and going through all the list?

I couldn't be any more disappointed in kindle browsing capabilities than I am now. It's a complete failure in this department. I can't even think of what it does support in browsing (no blurbs, no collections info, no book search, no go to page in book list).
The Kindle uses Locations instead of pages most of the time. Some Amazon books do have pages though and you can use the Go To feature while you're in a book from the Menu or you can hit the right arrow key while on a book in the book list and choose Go To Location to navigate to a specific place in your book.

If you want to see what books are in your collections I suggest using the Kindle Collections plugin on Calibre or add your own Custom column in Calibre to keep track that way manually.

It does have book search. You can search in a book, outside a book, your archive...etc. Just hit the Keyboard button and enter your search.

To delete collections, while in the collection you want to get rid of hit the menu key and you will see that option.

Okay to start at the beginning of a book, choose the book from the book list and press the right arrow key and choose Go to beginning.

To answer #4 No there's no way to move forward other then pressing the next button while in the book list. I wish there was! I use the search feature to find what I am looking for.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-25-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote