View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 10:03 AM   #2
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Re: should I use two *.ixl files?

Quote:
Originally posted by thoresson
If I understand the iSilox manual correct, the most easy way is to create two .ixl files. One which contains my subscribed web channels, and which I also use together with isiloxc and Windows Scheduler, and one into which I copy the url:s for interesting articles that I only want to convert to iSilo-format once, and not update in the future.
Anders:

You are not limited to how many .ixl files you make. Think of a file folder metaphor: you wouldn't file your daily, weekly, monthly readings in one folder, would you? You're on the right track, making one .ixl your daily updates, and another for saved once-only conversions.

The new scheduling option in the upcoming iSiloX version will make it easier to keep everything in one file, but there is certainly nothing wrong with using seperate .ixl files for grouping like-syncing channels. In fact, it's an excellent organizational approach.

Cheers,
Gary