View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #6
Pinkie
Connoisseur
Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook Color, Kobo
Temporary solution and thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you have converted that book before, the settings in effect at that time are used.
There is a "Restore Defaults" button on the conversion screen that needs to be used to make that book use the Latest Defaults.
But it happens with books that I haven't converted before, too. I keep a copy of the original, when I can, and I used a few of those to test.
I temporarily solved my problem. I found an old copy of Calibre (0.8.22), uninstalled the 0.8.27 version and reinstalled 0.8.22 which works like a charm. I think I've learned my lesson, to keep an old copy to hand in case something goes wrong.
I have to say that I really appreciate your work on this program. It's hugely useful. I own a Nook Color, a Kobo and a Kindle Keyboard (I sometimes do demos on ebooks and I've found hands-on is the best way) as well as an old Ipaq 4700 (which still works well and has a 4 inch screen) so the conversion facility is very important to me. Thank you for making it so much easier for the average reader!
(I avoid pdf when I can - it does hinky stuff in the conversion!)
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote