View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 03:21 AM   #13
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
For Kobo purchases, my standard well-oiled routine is to load the book onto the iPad, take screenshots of pages with errors and attach the image files to my Kobo customer service complaint. When I don't attach screenshots, the process takes longer because the usually lazy reps claim they cannot find the errors and ask me for further clarification. I find that when I submit a proper package with everything spelled out very clearly and unequivocally, I get a much swifter response.
I included the error that I included earlier in the thread - that's the most blatant error, and even the most incompetent editor should have spotted it. I highlighted it while I was reading the book, then copied & pasted it from the clippings file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I do get a cheerful refund whenever I complain since the errors are clearly not my fault, and I have thoroughly documented them. However, in most cases I would prefer to simply have an error-free book. I am not sure yet who the best person is to get that for me, so I settle for a Kobo refund so at least I myself am not out of pocket for a shoddy book
I got a response from Amazon in about 2.5 hours, offering a refund if I wasn't able to use it. I didn't bother with the refund, since I've read the book. I'm not happy about the errors, but accepting the refund would have felt like I was taking the proverbial, since I did read the book.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote