View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
2. In calibre, I would like to have something like a Read? column where I can make a check mark on books I've read. If I send books marked as Read to my Sony, I'd like caliber to automatically populate a new set of Collections that separate the read and unread books. I think it might be possible to use the template language to check if Read? is true, and if it is, use a SONY renaming rule to append (Read) to the genre-based Collection name, creating a new Collection for read books. If something along these lines is possible, would someone mind explaining how to set this up?
Not what you aer asking, but what I do.

In calibre I have 2 custom columns, read and tbr.

I type #tbr:true in the searchbar and sort on Read and send only books that are tbr and not read.

As I usually have several hundred books on my reader, I see no point in putting on ones I have read, but of course there are probably many reasons to do this.

I would think that if automatic management is turned off you could sort the books and send them in 2 batches with different templates.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote