View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There's a certain amount of books with that title, even some within the same genre. But I can't seem to find that specific book you are seeking. If you had the author's name it would help. You can always try and see if you can find it in this selection of books with roughly the same name. Good luck

http://www.comparebookprices.ca/book..._a_Needle.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvetwpb View Post

Years ago, back when I was a teen, I read a Sci-fi book called either "The Eye of the Needle" or "Through the Eye of the Needle"

The cover had what looked like a small rocket ship with an arch doorway that people had come through.

In the book, a group of people had gone through the doorway and ended up on a different planet. Not able to go back, they had to build and reinvent or remake everything. They started a new society that grew into. Communities were spreading across the land.

One person, the scientist who had invented the eye kept working to find a way back. Finally he succeeded in opening a door way that would work both ways. He went through, came out in a dark alleyway, looking around in despair, he found a news paper blowing across the ground. He opened it, read most of it, realizing that the society that they had built was far better off staying there than coming back. He went back through and destroyed his invention.

That’s the gist of the story, if someone can direct me to a copy of this I would be thankful.

Jim C.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote