View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #30
sparky2
sparky2 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4
First I would see if it plays on your PC. That will tell you if the digital content protection stuff is working. I once had a problem when I downloaded a book at work and then took it home via a flash drive because I had a very slow Internet connection.

I it plays okay on your PC, I would remove the existing OMC installation from the PC using the control panel’s “add/remove software” function (or whatever the equivalent thing is for your operating system). Make sure iTunes is closed before doing this. Then re-boot.

Then go to the Overdrive site and download the latest version. They are pretty rude about not posting accurate version information, so do not go by the number. I noticed that the version that worked a little better for me was posted about a week ago and the one I had been running for a year had the same version number on their site. There was no information that there was an issue addressed in this latest release.

Then install the new software and try again. My method is described a few posts up.

I am not sure if this will help, but this is what I would do. It may not be necessary to reboot, but again, this is what I would do so that the steps would not have to be repeated in case it did not work without it. If you uninstalled, downloaded, and re-installed OMC last week, this will probably not work any better than what is happening now. I am a long ways from being an expert in this, so perhaps some nice person here can chime in with another solution to your problem.
sparky2 is offline   Reply With Quote