View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
The "best" epub reader depends on how many books you want to keep/handle on your device and how you like to read. If you want to keep and manage lots of books on your device, since you already use Calibre, I agree with the others on this thread that you should go with either Aldiko or Mantano as they both have really good library management systems (Mantano's is probably more extensive) and recognize tags. If you like to highlight and take notes on your books, I think Mantano edges out Aldiko for that.

Best thing is that they are both free for you to try out. Also check out the thread for a huge list of android ebook readers for more suggestions.

Quote:
if anybody has had experience with the Android calibre app I would appreciate information on that as well.
I believe that the Calibre app allows you to access your Calibre library online with dropbox. I don't use it but use the Calibre content server with Aldiko to browse and download books from my library. Mantano should be able to do this too once the developers iron out the bugs.

Quote:
The only thing I wish it had is a true "book" look layout with animated page turns. That would be perfect. I guess that is a quirk of mine, but I do like to have it in an e-reader.
I used to like page turn effects and would go to the Apple store to drool over the iPad's ereader app but now, I find them distracting. The one ebup reader that comes closest in my mind to a "true book" look is Cool reader with its paperback book background. Unlike Moon+ and fbreader which erase all formatting, Cool reader renders text pretty close to publisher's defaults (an absolute must for me) while still allowing you to use your preferred font.

Quote:
Yeah, +1 for the Nook app.
I like the nook app too but I find that I miss the ability to adjust brightness by sliding down the left edge of the screen.
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote