View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #23
sparky2
sparky2 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4
If I understand you correctly, using the new version of OMC will treat WMA Audiobooks the same as music files. There will not, therefore, be a choice of playback speeds. The “backup 30 seconds” feature will also be missing and I expect that it will be impossible to resume listening in the middle of a disk as it normally is by using the “now playing” button. Is this what their latest version does, or are you also using a different player on your iOS5 device that replaces some of this functionality? I have read that their latest version creates a new playlist, but no other info was available.

I have learned to live without some of the features, but others would be a deal breaker for me. I have been using the rip to CD workaround (or at least a virtual version of this) and, although being a bit of a pain, it is better than nothing. Does anybody know if Overdrive has finished their repair or if they are feeling that the urgency is gone now that the issue has been addressed with the latest release?
sparky2 is offline   Reply With Quote