View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Check http://www.lesechos.fr/epaper/offre-eread.htm. It is supposed to have an english version available soon and some of the eBooks on the site are already in English. The specs say it is SDK format so perhaps it is unmodified but perhaps this is just an error.

Dale
It's a Ganaxa. Which is a STAReBOOK. And a Netronix EB-100. And, with a completely different set of firmware - one that doesn't support STK but does support Mobipocket - it's an "original hardware" Cybook Gen3. IOW, the hardware is the same across these devices. You could also buy an ExPlay - same deal.

However, I've *GOT* one of the EB-100s; I just received it a couple of weeks ago. Let me say that the "Let us create an STK ebook" process is not one for the timid. I much prefer my Cybook Gen3 - even though it doesn't have the hardware upgrades that users now placing their orders will get. Why? Because I like the Mobipocket format for its widespread availability.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote