View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #24
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
As I said, every one is allowed that. I have never read any series that remained outstanding for every page of its run, and don't expect I ever will.
And therein lies the problem. Clunkers are just accepted as the norm in large multi-volume series. I'm not buying into it. I chuck a series when it becomes apparent that the author has more book than story. Which unfortunately seems to be the norm in epic fantasy.

And I love epic fantasy. I prefer stand-alone novels, but I'm still OK if they can wrap it up in two or three books and move on to something new. A Song of Ice and Fire was originally planned as a trilogy—and that was still the expectation when I was reading the first book in 1996.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote