View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 03:59 AM   #6
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yegon View Post
Good evening.

The only thing I struggle to get my head around is the combo of low storage capacity and wifi only. Streaming/cloud is a big part of Amazon's strategy but doesn't the lack of 3G seriously hamper this functionality? I can understand the reasons of it being omitted - hardware cost and perhaps people's unwillingness to get tied into another data plan - but there being no option of the upsell surprises me. 3G option to come later mayhaps?
You say you can understand, but I think you're not taking the numbers into account. A standard 1080p, ONE-HOUR tv show runs roughly 1.2gb. The same tv show in 720p is still 400mb. Never mind movies. With typical data plans running what...2-5gb / mo?

You're not going to see anything like that until there's true, unlimited, cellular (or other 'anywhere' tech) plans available.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote