View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #20
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
So it would not be an offence for one publisher to say to Amazon, "I'm only going to let you sell my books if you agree to act as an agent, rather than a retailer", right? It's the fact that that five publishers did so jointly?
Jointly means collusion which is generally a bad word in North America for businesses.

I think the publishers need to realize that many people buy most of my books in e-format now (I did personally get a few paper ones when I got a gift card recently) and I haven't bought an e-book since August 23rd now. Most of the books I'm looking at have fallen under the evil umbrella and are all $10. Which is too much when I can cruise the bargains of physical books and find reasonable options for $5. Now I've started to use the library like a demon again.

My comment to the publishers is: if you don't want to sell books, that's your choice.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote