View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
It is nice for many people to only have to purchase one device because of keeping costs low, not having to keep track of them, and no worrying about replacing several when they fail or become outdated.

For a lot of us on this blog, we probably have a closet, (or like me a big bookcase) full of old stuff unless we like to sell stuff on ebay.
Keeping costs low by buying one item... not necessarily, my ereader and tablet combined cost less than an iPad or any of the other big names tablets except the Fire... and that's no good for me because it's 7" Where's the worry about replacement... one "all purpose" item fails and you can't do a thing until replaced, one dedicated device fails and you can still use others to do other things until specific device replaced... and I have never had all dedicated devices fail simultaneously or become outdated in performing their task to require replacing several at same time but a GP device would do this at one go... I don't tend to grab the "latest & greatest" just because it's there, I tend to apply more simple criteria - do I need this or do I want this? Very different...

Each to his own but there will always be those who prefer dedicated devices toperform a task very well and others who want a multi-purpose device and accept that it is a "Jack of all Trades."
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote