View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #28
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
For the moment, I'm assuming that copyright definitions allow PD privilege to books published in another country move to a life + 50 country (i.e. Canada).

If so, since I live in a highly restrictive country (U.S.), I can't scan and put books into Canadian PD due to US law (to which I am subject to) which are still in copyright in the US. However, I could provide p-books to somebody else in a life + 50 country to scan legally.

Anybody interested in James Branch Cabell (The 50th anniversary of his death is May 3, his works would then go into PD in life +50 on Jan 1,2009)
And here is an excellent point which could be clarified on the copyright page. If I live in the US but the server is in Canada, can I post an ebook that is legal in Canada but not in the US? You have people from all over the world posting here, that would be a good point to clear up.