View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
1 page to 2 screens (how to read A4 PDF?)

Sorry if i miss something, but i can't find that obvious feature in my DR800SG with 2.0RC3 firmware...
There was a feature on Sony PRS500 (called with long press on the "size" button) which splitted a page in two halfs, upper and bottom, and showed these one half per screen, which allowed to an acceptable reading experience (font size) when reading PDF documents originally designed for A4.
On my DR800, the "rotate" feature will fit the entire page to screen, making the fonts even smaller compared to vertical layout. Also, there is a "zoom" feature, but it seems that one cannot switch between top and bottom half of the page with this feature, as the flipbar switches you to the same fragment on the next page, not to the next fragment on the same page.
So is there any way i could read a PDF originally designed for A4 paper?
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote