View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #26
Tangent
Tangent began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Since I bought the KT to use as a reading device all that is important to me involves making the reading experience the best that it can be. So having the bottom line cut-off, double clicking for a dictionary definition, inability to highlight most books, having multiple books open at different spots but losing those spots plus my shortlist every time I have to do a factory reset and now, having to do a factory reset in order to update because of the network error... well, I'd just like these things fixed rather than some goofy announcement about social networks, blah, blah,blah... I'm just trying to read some books, not have a party on-line with my friends. I do that in person which is what a real social network is.

The only thing I like about Reading Life is the stats, which are only as good as the last factory reset, then you lose everything that it kept track of before the reset. Kobo, please fix the bugs, then add new features that make reading more enjoyable! Don't try to turn my reader into a buggy on-line social network hub, that is just so pretentious on your part. You're not that big a part of anyone's life. You are a book store so focus on it please. Dropping agency pricing and adding more discount coupons would have been a more exciting announcement. It would make you more money as well... that is what you want in the end isn't it?

I'm not unhappy I bought my KT but the slow-in-coming bug fixes have become somewhat irritating and that concludes my rant.
Tangent is offline   Reply With Quote