View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #257
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Because, if those books are Copied to Library rather than Save/Adding, that metadata doesn't get set when going from the fix-it library to the storage library.
What metadata isn't being transferred? I move books all of the time and as best I can tell all of the metadata is copied with the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
So in a sense they are in an incomplete state. And will stay that way forever, because once in storage library, any convert, save, or send will only update those internal fields on a copy, not the original sitting there in incomplete state forever. I understand the way people use calibre, that doesn't matter. But it bothers me.
In my opinion a proper library backup is much better then any storage library.

Have you investigated using one library and library restrictions to treat different books as if they were in different libraries.