View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #80
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.5 Preview

Could someone running Calibre 0.8.18 please try the attached version of the Open With plugin for me. This is the version I intend to officially release shortly, however it would be wonderful if someone would be so kind as to verify it is all working as they would expect. Seventeen of my plugins have to be changed and re-released specifically to work with the keyboard shortcut functionality so it is important I know that I have got it working "right" - it is countless hours of work as it is without doubling it with multiple releases if I missed something!

The key change in this plugin release (apart from the bug-fix for import/export above) is supporting Calibre's centralised keyboard shortcuts mechanism.

Note that this means that this plugin will no longer store shortcuts itself for your menu items, so any keyboard shortcuts you have configured currently for this plugin will be lost (like Alt+E for Sigil)! Your custom menu items will be preserved, just without shortcuts assigned to them.

Instead you use Calibre's Preferences->Keyboard dialog which I have also made available via the Open With configuration dialog.

There were a whole bunch of permutations I had to attempt to cater for involving people adding, removing and renaming shortcuts. I think I have it "right", fingers crossed.

Another side effect of this is that when you click on the "Keyboard shortcuts..." button on the open with customisation dialog, it will immediately apply whatever changes you may have made to your menus, rather than waiting for you to click ok. So think of "Keyboard shortcuts..." being the same as an "Apply" button in that you cannot cancel changes made before then.

I hope that makes sense. The new centralised keyboard shortcuts are a brilliant feature long desired (thanks Kovid), and hopefully makes it easier and more bulletproof to ensure you can configure shortcuts that do not conflict with other plugins or Calibre.

Last edited by kiwidude; 09-11-2011 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Removed attachment as released
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote