View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpearl View Post
I've been trying to convert a commercial epub book to mobi in Calibre, but the epub has those annoying small spaces between paragraphs. The conversion is successful, BUT the book is formatted so that the first line of each chapter and mid-chapter breaks have NO indenting -- which is the way the book should read. There are no formatted paragraph breaks when I view with Sigil -- just different CSS style for each of the first "no-indent" paragraphs.

Calibre adds indents to all the "no-indent" paragraphs when I use the "Remove spacing between paragraphs", stripping away the original first-line formatting intent. If I enable Heuristic Processing, checking off "delete blank lines between paragraphs" I still come up with the same results. The only way to convert the book to mobi in Calibre is to leave all these options open -- resulting with those darned small lines between paragraphs so prevalent with epubs.

Is there any workaround for this in Calibre? or just a bug I'll have to live with?

UPDATE: AFAIK Mobi does not use Style sheets.

Space between paragraphs are usually "blank lines"

Indent, is just that Indent. Look at the 'noindent" class in the stylesheet
text-indent: 0 (or, and this can be tricky depending on/if the styles Cascade: no line entry.)

Last edited by theducks; 09-08-2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Missed it was a Mobi conversion
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote