View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #23
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
As a general rule, higher dpi will give lower contrast, but the 200 dpi Pocketbook 360 has better contrast than the 167 dpi Kindle 2. Both have non-Pearl Vizplex displays. The Pearl screen on the 167 dpi Kindle 3 is a bit better than the Pocketbook display.

So 300 dpi might have less contrast, but it might be good enough. It might be worth it to trade some contrast for resolution. It will be very interesting to see. 200 to 300 is a much bigger step than 167 to 200.
I would prefer an improved contrast. I think that in the video mister E-ink exagerates when he claims that Pearl is better than the average paperback, and that Vizplex is better than a newspaper. I noted that he does not promise hardback quality in the future.
Charbax is too tender when faced with marketing talk. A real journalist would try to be critical once in a while to maintain some credibility. Instead, he is perpetually as enthusiastic and fanatic as a child in Disneyland, whatever the product.
Anyway, the bad news is that E-ink faces the same physics limitation as the manufacturers of camera sensors.

Last edited by Lbooker; 09-06-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote