View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Interesting that most polsters are fairly ho-hum about the T1. I am, but I gave up on Sony a long time ago. I thought all the gung ho Sony supporters here would embrace any new Sony with excessive gushing and open arms. Glad to see people finally came to their senses and decided Sony has disappointed us for too long. This really seems like a lackluster upgrade to me and disappointing at that. They still place the buttons in a location that makes them difficult to use during one-handed operation. They still make the bezel so shiny that it interferes with reading in brightly lit areas. And the long awaited WiFi is no good to me unless it allows for wireless syncing, which I doubt it does. I bet the Sony Reader desktop software will still be terrible--worst in class.
I read about the 505, didn't think it was worth the trouble of getting (it was never released here). Then the 700 came along, same thing. Idea of side lighting sounded good, but after reading some more, again, not worth getting. Then the 600 was introduced. And this one was available here. But again, absolutely not worth it. The 650 is the very first sony device I've bought since I used walkmans... I don't think there are a lot of "gung ho" Sony users here. I mean, how many are still using their aging 505's? I think there's only one group that will upgrade, no matter what, when their favourite company announces a new model...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
but relieved at the same time, at least I'm not tempted to replace my 650.
That too!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote