View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I try NOT to upgrade electronics every gen, so I probably wouldn't get this one no matter what it was, but I'll play along anyway.

Pros/things I think are REALLY COOL AND TEMPTING

- library books over wifi

- ability to change fonts (although what if I tried all 6 fonts or however many they will offer... and I don't like any of them?)

- more font sizes (remains to be seen how this works out in reality)

- auto book cover on standby. I do this manually now, would love to have the reader do it for me.

- better battery life. I get consistently worse battery life than what I hear from others on here (about 10 days). I'm not sure why. But anyway, I want it to be better.

Cons

- no integrated stylus. This is a big con for me. I can't seem to use the dictionary without using the stylus. It would be a totally different experience if I had to go hunting for my stylus every time I wanted to look up a word.

Things I don't care about one way or another

Shiny vs matte bezel - guess I would have to see it in person to see what I think

Weight - my 650 seems plenty light, although lighter is always better

Multi touch - I'm not sure what I would use this for, I guess I would have to try it

plastic vs metal
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote