View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #41
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That is a point. But I don't see that it really had any bearing on DRM in that specific case. She was pointing out that she found the features of PDF to be good for what she wanted to do, which was accommodating several screen sizes, not locking it down.

Then too, it may have been at a point in time where there were no stand-out e-book formats, but instead just an undifferentiated mass of "new" ones. From that perspective, I'd probably have given PDF a solid look too. I'd guess that that was what drove so many publishers to it: the fact that PDF was the only format in the list they'd ever even heard of. Also, they probably already had the set up to make PDFs and would have figured they were ahead of the game. Path of least resistance and that.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote