View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulnjean View Post
Just checking in and saying hello as suggested and am happy to have found this site. I hope there other RCA 1100 owners on this site and are willing to help me keep mine up and running. I also would like to swap a book or two is thats allowed. Well anyways thanks and look forward to talking to fellow owners of a great BACK-LIT ebook. Thanks again for reading this and will check back in. Paul
I actually have 3 1100s, but only one works.

On the 2nd unit, I dropped it onto my face one night while I was reading (!!!!) and the touchscreen became dicey. I then decided to take apart the 3rd unit that had acquired the screen of death (I did EVERYTHING I read to fix this, but everytime I unplugged the unit from the AC, the unit would go back to the screen of death). Anyway, I took apart the 3rd unit, but never had the guts to THEN take apart the 2nd unit in order to replace the screen.

I also have a card reader and 3 64-meg cards.

I'm thinking about selling everything except the 3 64-meg cards and the card reader, and just go ahead and buy the Ebookwise 1150. I can't explain exactly WHY I want the Ebookwise 1150, but perhaps it's because I have such great memories of the 1100s.

I also own the Sony PRS-505.

I've been very happy with the 3 1100s, and I think they would probably cause someone to drool if they needed parts, etc., and one working unit.

Don

By the way, welcome to MobileRead. You'll find a lot of information here, a ton of downloads in various formats, and you may even make some new friends.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote