View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #79
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
The sticky discussion is interesting. As the writer, I like doing it here in a regular thread as opposed to sticky. I'm not sure any reader likes wading through all that stuff in this thread. But since I'm basically rapid-prototyping concepts, strategies, methods, and practices into a rapidly changing document, it doesn't make sense to make it a sticky at all, unless it were unlocked and allowed me to edit at will as well as allowing posting from anyone for feedback and discussion. I've been dual-tasking the KISS revision and calibre setup the past few days to facilitate and complement each other. Such as, now my situation and setup basically correspond to a brand new user who is also new to eBooks in general. Things will change fast.
IMHO you are doing great. This is a Development stage where many comments and interactions are a good thing.
Lean and mean (quantity of posts) once it hits the sticky mark. Typical users are going to read 1 post (if that ) before throwing the 'I can't find/understand' towel. Which caused a
3 message in the Sticky (when it happens)
1) Brand New user
2) Been using a while,: Now I want to do more.
3) I want to push Calibre for all it can do User

Last edited by theducks; 08-19-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Bulb went on :)