View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #72
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by msundman View Post
Either you must think that "Medium" isn't an arbitrary font size (and can't you adjust margins, line heights, fonts, etc on the sony?), or the sony changes the total page count of a text, depending on your settings.
Medium is a "specific" font size which the reader labels as "medium". I am sure internally it equates to a specific point size.

Yes, the total page count is adjusted based on the 3 font sizes available. I also don't see a problem with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msundman View Post
I think both are insane, even if the job gets kinda done. Also, even insane stuff can be somewhat useful.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I don't see why adjusting the total page count is a problem since the total page count DOES change as the font size changes.

If you pick up a HardCover copy of a book and a softcover property of the same book and a large print version of the same book, I bet you that ALL 3 will have different number of pages and page 150 will have different text in each one. Is this in any way confusing to you?

Although I still think the definition of insane isn't: "msundman doesn't agree with it."

BOb