View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 08:42 AM   #34
DasFool
DasFool began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Kindle DXG
I've installed and played with the new version. I like it. One thing that threw me off initially was that it doesn't display the page number it's currently working on, and I thought the program had frozen. Thankfully I browsed through the directories and saw that it was creating images so I left it alone while it did its thing. Perhaps you could add a more obvious indication that it's still working so people know to not force close it. If a page display isn't simple, maybe a percentage done would be better, like:

[55% complete]

or something like that.

Secondly, I tried the split function and I think it does what it's supposed to, but not what I thought it was going to. Sometimes a normal manga will have an image that spans two pages, but the rest of the book is normally page by page. I thought this function might intelligently split files that were much wider (nearly twice the width of a normal image in the collection) into 2 pages.

P.S. Small help tooltips when hovering over different options would add a nice finish to your project

*You still need Imagemagick installed in order to use this software.

Last edited by DasFool; 04-07-2008 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Added note about Imagemagick
DasFool is offline   Reply With Quote