View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSewMe View Post
Newbie here....Sorry you had a bad experience with 1sale, lestatar. I've ordered a few things from them and have always gotten them.....one item, I actually forgot about---it came, but it must have been weeks late....but, I have heard of others having problems. I'm glad you got your money back.

Anyways, I did order the PE yesterday--I hope I haven't jinks myself now, and I'll actually get it! lol It has a model number of CE00151A, that I can find nowhere....and, not sure if this is a really old model or what.

I have an Android phone, but I know this thing will be totally different....given this, should I do the updates before I do anything else on it, or wait? (I hope it's ok to post this question here, if not, please let me know)

Thanks much!!
OSM
First thing I would do is download the update file before the server from entourage is shut down. Then completely charge it up if you plan on doing any updates. Then when you actually do update, make sure its plugged in. You can either play around with 1.6 or just update it right away. 2.2 is actually better IMHO. There are threads around here on how to update. But I basically copied the file onto a USB stick then hold down the home/rotate button then turn it on and keep holding the home/rotate button till the update screen pops up. Also, the update file has to be on a root directory and renamed update.zip. if the icon on your pc shows a zip type icon, the file extension is already in *.zip format so you just need to change it to 'update'.
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote