Thread: Development Pocket Edge 2.2 NEW Firmware
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #200
paula-t
paula-t began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Paula-t, as I see it there is nothing in the updated file that is of any use to anyone outside the US. Even if the market worked those of us not in the US can't use it. gmail is the only one that is universal at the moment.

There might be some hope that someone will solve some of the problems like the green still pictures from the camera on the EE but then I think the PE doesn't have that problem and since most of the people doing the work have PEs those of us with the EE can, maybe, pick up some crumbs later.
Thanks, Ivan. This is exactly what I needed to read!

In any case, I think when a post becomes too long and adds up contributions from many testers (which may potentially affect the initial claims in the first post),it is always useful to create a separate post or insert a first post with the summarized gist of the long exchange.

This is always necessary and useful, much in the same way that you write an abstract when you prepare a long, juicy article with a detailed development. In this way, people can get a snapshot of the important things and decide if they will go through all of it.

I am an editor, not a developer, so I have made this suggestion from the standpoint of the information process and the efficiency of communication.

Of course, I know that developers may enjoy immensely reading 194 posts with comments, pros, cons, backwards and forwards of a firmware development , but for those who can't grasp it all, a summarized synopsis with the marrow of it would be great (also, a time saver).

I would do this myself, were it not for the fact that I am very busy these days and I am not very involved with the thread process in terms of knowledge. But if anyone wants to make a short sticky with the conclusions, benefits, limitations and disclaimers, I am sure many will like it.

Regards, and thanks again for all the information, and sorry for asking and not offering this time!
paula-t is offline   Reply With Quote