Released version 3 [2011/09/04]:
- new actions: delete files, mark as unread, create shortcut, open containing folder
- new virtual folders: shortcuts, recently added, recently opened
- in-program help, added README file to package
- code refactoring and cleaning
- fixed some bugs
Ideas, comments, suggestions? See TODO section for my future plans,
Navigator is a file system browser for IREX DR ereaders.
It works with DR800 and DR1000, both with or without DR800+ or Mackx's hack.
Copy the contents of the this package to <SD card>/Programs folder on your DR.
They aren't any external dependencies.
You can browse using the bar or with the stylus. Note some advanced features are only possible with the stylus.
For safety reasons, you can only browse your SD card contents.
You can open books and notes, run applications (from SDCARD/Programs) or open books/folders from Shorcuts (DR1000 and DR800+) too.
Books opened in Navigator update the lastread field on the database so they will also appear con CTB's LastRead view.
Tap on columns headers to change sorting.
To see bottom bar icons you will need DR800+ (DR800) or Mackx's Hack (DR1000). In case you haven't installed any of them, you should use the menu.
UI and Navigation
* with the bar
- left: up one file
- long left: 10 files up, or parent folder if in first entry
- right: down one file
- long right: 10 files down
- press: enter a folder, open a book, or run an application (.desktop)
* tap with the stylus on
- file name or file type: enter folder, open book, run application
- first column, size or mtime: focus on this file
- last column: mark/unmark file
* at the top of screen
- current folder path. It works like breadcrumbs,
you can click on a partial path
- button bookmarks. Have breadcrumbs-like functionality too
- button last read books. You can open the book or browse its folder
- button last visited folders. Have breadcrumbs-like functionality too
- button search (not implemented yet)
* the menu
- Show/hide book information details
- Show/hide hidden files
- Toggle fullscreen
. Delete file(s)
. Edit metadata (not implemented yet)
. Update metadata from file (not implemented yet)
. Mark as unread
. Create shortcut
. Open containing folder, only for virtual folders
- Virtual folders:
. Shortcuts, same as in DR1000 or DR800+
. Recently added, by default shows 25 entries but configurable,
sorting is not allowed
. Recently opened, by default shows 25 entries but configurable,
sorting is not allowed
Navigator stores its preferences in the configuration SDCARD/Programs/_config/.navigator/navigator.ini
Note first bookmark is also the folder showing at the start.
I include here an example. Contents are between ===== lines:
========== Configuration file ==========
##### Navigator configuration file
Sort case sensitive=false
Number of items in vfolders=50
3=/media/mmcblk0p1/# Recently added #
4=/media/mmcblk0p1/# Recently opened #
5=/media/mmcblk0p1/# Shortcuts #
##### End of file
========== End of Configuration file ==========
Written in vala.
Sources are in BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/inigoserna/dr-vala/
This program is in "navigator", and needs libs in "irex" folder.
- write a selection dialog: mark all, none, by extension, except extension
. edit metadata: title, author, tags, cover (?)
. update metadata and thumbnail with book contents, add files to global.db first if new
- search: by folder/filename, or by metadata -> virtual folder
- tags-based browsing
- ui for preferences
* Regarding DR800+ integration (and Mackx's Hack eventually):
- put a Navigator shortcut in HOME
- disable UDS updates to metadata except cover (configurable in dr.ini)
- open folder in CTB -> dr800+ CTB gotoLocation
- from CTB, open folder in Navigator -> ipc
- allow multiple tags (borrow code from Mackx's Hack)
* ISSUES and BUGS:
- capture error message if running .desktop app fails
- hide focus
- update last read book -> impossible, as it's handled by ctb
- [rvs] use partial refreshes for selection
EDIT 2011/07/17 22:16 -> new package with some minor modifications
EDIT 2011/07/20 18:12 -> v1
EDIT 2011/07/23 15:50 -> v2
EDIT 2011/09/24 16:09 -> v3